Creating a content rich website should be the principal goal in developing your business’s online presence.
Nobody knows your business, your market, your industry like you do. But the amount of time you can devote to your website and to content creation may be limited.
Outsourcing content creation
A solution to your problem may be to outsource the creation of much of your content.
To rapidly develop your site and to increase your traffic and visitor numbers your goal should be to provide unique, relevant content related to your products and services but which is most of all aimed at addressing the problems your target market has.
It is the provision of answers to your market’s problems which will define you as an authority in the eyes of your visitors and in the eyes of the search engines, especially Google.
Outsourcing the content creation for your site may be necessary from time to time, particularly in the early stages of development when you really want to gain some much needed momentum.
Outsourcing content creation though comes with some difficulties if you don’t know what you are doing.
And especially if you try to cut corners in relation to cost.
There are many willing workers in outsourcing websites such as textbroker.com, Elance.com, VWorker.com and others.
And they will offer you incredibly attractive rates to have articles or content written, either for submission to article directories of for publishing on your own site or blog.
Three common problems that I have encountered include:
- Some personal tragedy befalling your worker such as the computer breaks or suffers a virus, the dog chews the cable, someone dies or other such reason;
- The content produced demonstrates that the writer has only a fleeting familiarity with the English language;
- The writer does not follow your instructions and does it his/her way.
The bottom line is that you invariably spend a lot of time in “discussion” with your worker.
Then after a frustrating series of emails back and forth you decide to do the work yourself and end up spending a huge amount of time rewriting, editing and correcting the output.
If any of it is usable.
If you are serious about your online business then you need to embrace the notion of quality content from the outset.
Quality content has a number of benefits:
- The visitor to your site is happy and more likely to return, share your content and bookmark it;
- The search engines are happy and visit more often and rank your site highly because of the presence of latent semantic indexing phrases woven naturally into your post or page;
- If your content is really good there is a much better chance of it being shared around in your market and going viral.
Don’t make the mistake of being a cheapskate and cutting corners when it comes to publishing content on your site.
Because you will never be taken seriously in your marketplace and the brand you try to build will be tarnished and confused.
And you will never be seen as the authority in your space.
Think of quality content as a great, one off, long term investment in your business.
And watch your readership and rankings grow.
Which ultimately leads to leads, sales and increased profits.
Filed under Outsourcing